For now, all new members who want to become “active” with bank privileges, will continue to be on probation for one week, be required to register on the guild’s website and add an introduction post on the forum (see WEBSITE AND FORUM CHANGES for more information). We are aware that this may not solve the issues with having people come in, raid our bank, then leave, but it’s a start.
Changes are in the wind for our website and forums. We know it’s not easy to navigate in there but reconstruction will start soon! These are some of the changes we’re looking to implement:
- Sister Guild. The new sister guild will have a home on Obsidian Guard’s website with forums of its own. This is where you will find information on how to apply to them and find out about the latest training runs, etc.
- New Members. A new member area will be added to the website with tips and hints about navigating the site as well as what is expected of them. In this area, an “Introduce Yourself” forum will be added and monitored by the Elder Council.
- Marketplace. Instead of all crafting sections sitting there with their subforums, we will rebuild it to have only three (3) categories: WTB, WTS, and WTT. This will enable it to be a more interactive selling/buying/trading forum allowing negotiation, etc. If you want to have a “store”, build a menu on a cloud document (Google docs, e.g.), and add the link to your WTS listings for example. Looking to buy something or trade? Use the search function on the site to find exactly what you’re looking for! It’s like our very own Craigslist!
- Factions. - Each faction will continue to have their own forum with an additional subforum named “EVENTS” where your faction’s elder council members can discuss faction-central events, like a fishing contest, or something like that. Have an idea for a great PVE event for your faction? Then that’s the place to get it noticed. All PVE scheduled events need to be signed up for via the calendar on the site.
- Feedback. We want to get more people involved at the website and on the forums and are looking for suggestions from all of you on how you think we can do that. Send a PM to BllyDnsr with your suggestions. If you have a complaint about the site, please make sure you have a solution (or two) to go with it.